who are we?
Why Positive Branding is Important to a Business
Jan 25, 2022
A positive branding image is vital for a business to survive. Your brand image ultimately determines how current and potential customers see your business and its products. Therefore, if they view it negatively, they won’t opt for your solutions. It really is that simple.
Numerous factors contribute to a brand’s image and various ways you can create a positive brand image. We discuss them all.
Factors contributing to a brand’s image
The following factors contribute to your brand’s image:
- First impression: This is based on a customer’s first interaction with your company. This no longer is only in-person anymore, it can also be online on the company’s website or social media pages. You have to make sure that your website and social media pages provide customers with a high-quality experience. The website design should be simple, easy to navigate, and the content should be relevant for them. Only then, can you make a positive first impression?
- Relationship: The quality of the product and services you offer also tie into the brand image. It isn’t just about selling a product, you need to make sure that after-sales services are of quality. This is the only way you can ensure to keep customers satisfied. Otherwise, you can expect them to voice their options on social media and other platforms, which impacts your brand negatively.
- Loyalty and retention: Delivering quality products and services will help build customer loyalty. They will trust your brand and keep coming back to you. But you have to provide them with the same quality every time. A loyal customer base is important because it gives you a pool of clients that trust you and will likely purchase new products or services as soon as you launch them. Retaining customers is easier and more cost-effective when compared to acquiring new ones.
Creating a positive brand image
A company’s marketing strategy dictates the type of brand image it has. Therefore, you need to figure out your marketing goals. What do you want to achieve from your marketing efforts? This will help you determine your brand’s persona and key messaging. Both the persona and messaging are based on the target audience, you tailor it so it appeals to them.
Once you have the goal in sight, persona, and messaging sorted you can work on a positive image. To do that, you need to focus on the following:
- Website: With the majority of individuals relying on the internet to search for various products and services, your website will likely be the first aspect of your business customers interact with. It has to be well-designed, follow best SEO practices, and display relevant information.
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn are the perfect platforms to engage with your target audience, be it consumers or other businesses. Your social media presence lets you reach out and create brand awareness with a network of individuals, whom you may not have a chance to reach otherwise.
- Public relations: PR can help you boost your brand’s awareness. This is especially useful when your brand is hit negatively for one reason or another. In today’s age, you can use the media and influencers for PR. They serve as a voice from outside the company to promote your business.
- Content: Your content is what drives all your marketing efforts in the digital world. It can help elevate your brand’s profile when done right. Focus on creating articles, blog posts, and white papers which will attract your target audience and contribute to your SEO efforts.
- Search: SEO is important because it ultimately drives traffic to your business. Ranking as one of the top brands is important for traffic. SEO requires a lot of time and effort, you need to have insights on your audience, keywords, and phrases to truly make the most of it.
- Reviews: People have started to rely on online reviews more than ever. You need to make sure that satisfied clients are incentivized to post positive reviews on different platforms such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yelp, and so on. These reviews will help promote a positive image of your brand.
You need to make sure that your brand’s value resonates across all the tools mentioned above. This way, your messaging is consistent across all platforms and there are no gaps.
Your brand image correlates to the business it generates. A positive image yields more sales, which is why you must create and maintain it. It not only helps you drive in customers but also retain them. Your marketing strategy should be tailored to promote a positive brand, and this should be consistent in all marketing efforts. Achieving this will ensure your brand is a success.