who are we?
3 Tips for High Conversion E-Commerce Web Design
Apr 24, 2019
There is a lot more to creating an e-commerce site than just integrating a shopping cart. While a shopping cart enables users to come and shop on your site, it doesn’t automatically mean that they will. You need a web design that attracts customers and guides them to buy your products in the quickest and most efficient manner possible. Optimizing your site for sales is key and we have tips that will help you do that.
Keep user experience in mind
When designing the website, you want to think like a user and design accordingly. This allows you to design the site in a user-friendly manner. There are various different elements on the site you can enhance for a better user experience. These are:
- Simple design: A minimalist design is what you should aim for. This allows the user to browse with ease without a lot of confusion or distraction on the site. The information and images you display should be relevant to the page and try to display them so they don’t appear too busy on the page.
- Navigation and site map: You need to have a navigation bar on the top of the site which also has the user’s account and cart link so they can easily access the two. At the same time, the site map helps users who are not sure how to access a specific link on your site find it, making navigation easier for them.
- Product pages: Use images and display information that will entice the user to buy the product. Information that makes the product more enticing, basically how it adds value to the user shopping for it.
Make the shopping experience easier
Users can easily be put off by a site if the shopping experience isn’t catered to them. The shopping experience is different than user experience in the sense that it is more about your shopping cart, the products, and how they are displayed. To ensure your visitors have a positive experience, you want to:
- Make sure that all products have actual images of the product so the customer knows exactly what they are purchasing.
- A search tab to search for the exact product they want.
- The ability to filter products, categories, and brands and then rearrange them based on pricing.
- Make sure you are upfront with your pricing. The price of products should clearly be stated and the client should have the ability to calculate shipping costs before checking out, so they know the total cost before opting to check out.
Showcase testimonials and reviews
Reviews and testimonials can have a positive impact on conversion. 61% of consumers will read the reviews posted about a product or service before opting for it. At the same time, a site that displays customer testimonials generally experiences an 18% sales uplift, out of which 11% is conversion uplift. These two statistics alone show the importance and impact reviews can have on conversion.
All you need to do is ask customers to give their feedback and post them. The more popular e-commerce sites actually allow customers to rate and review products directly on the product page. It doesn’t matter which route you take to display reviews, just be sure to do it.
Creating an e-commerce site that has a high conversion isn’t rocket science. You just need to have a web design that is user-centric to ensure that visitors convert to customers. From basic elements like navigation to more complex such as the shopping cart and experience, you need to ensure they are focused around the user.
Edited By: Haniyeh Rasti Lari
Jun 07, 2022
Jan 25, 2022
Jan 20, 2022
Jan 15, 2022