who are we?
3 Essential Website Design Trends for 2021 and Beyond
Jul 14, 2021
You’ve probably noticed how websites have evolved in the past decade or two. Trends once considered innovative and modern are now outdated.
Just browse the internet for yourself and see how colorful, animated, and interactive websites are today. As technology changes so do web design trends. If your business fails to keep up, you can expect to lose customers from ignoring critical online standards.
But, there is no need to hit the panic button. Our web design Dubai experts will fill you in on everything you need to know about the trends in web design. So, you can ensure your site is internet-ready for 2021 and years to come.
Minimalism is key
A minimalistic design has been a dominant trend in web design for years, and the trend continues into 2021 and beyond from what we can see.
Many businesses make the mistake of overcrowding their website with design, images, and information thinking that is what visitors want. However, you want to stick to the essentials only. Don’t try to overdo it.
When designing a website you want to:
- Leave whitespace: Just because you have empty space on the website doesn’t mean you need to add something to it. Whitespace is easier on the eyes and also compliments the content. When you have too many design elements on your site, not only is it confusing for visitors but elements take the limelight from the content.
- Design around the content: The content is the main focus of the website, it is what will essentially turn visitors into customers. You want to keep the design simple and clean, so it highlights the content. Only use design elements that effectively communicate the content.
- Make sure everything is intentional: The design, fonts, and colors should be intentional and cohesive. Use the same elements throughout the site. Minimalist design doesn’t necessarily mean limit the site to black and white.
Animations add a bit of life to a website. They serve in various ways from helping visitors navigate the website to adding playfulness. However, it is very easy to go overboard with animation, which of course takes away from the content. That is where micro-animation comes in.
Micro-animation is, just as the name suggests, small animations. Smashmallow is a prime example of micro-animation done right. The animation doesn’t take away from the content and also leads visitors to their products at a local store.
The element of micro-animation isn’t new, but there is innovation in how businesses use it. Many e-commerce websites use it to enhance user experience, especially when it comes to clothing. The element gives a business a way to showcase products with a 360-degree view. It livens up images, making it easier for customers to decide whether to buy the item or not.
See where you can utilize micro-animation on your website and go for it. Remember, don’t overdo it, use it only if you feel it doesn’t take anything away from the content, and keep it minimal.
Dark mode has become one of the biggest trends in web design. It essentially uses dark colors background to provide users with a low-light interface. It reverses the default, white background, black text interface.
Not only does it look cool but it also puts less strain on the eyes. The dark mode is far easier on the eyes, especially in a low-lit environment, which means a better user experience.
The mode leads to the following benefits:
- Provides visibility in low-ambient lighting: The dark colors on the website ensure that the screen doesn’t emit bright lights. This compliments the low-light setting and makes it easier for the eyes to view a website.
- Gives an emotional boost: Dark colors aesthetically are known for health and energy-saving benefits. So, users coming to your site will trigger emotions linked to being healthy and feeling good. It emits the same feeling you get when you use a reusable shopping bag.
- Increases focus: The dark background and light font colors will make the content pop. This makes it easier for visitors to focus on the information on your site, and can potentially increase conversion.
You will find a ton of websites already utilizing dark mode. You should consider doing the same to enhance the user experience.
Like the years before, web design trends in 2021 are all about enhancing user experience. Users always come first, and therefore, your web design must appeal to them and make it easier for them to get the information they need. Keeping the design minimal, adding a bit of animation, and employing dark mode will do that.
Rebranding your website keeping the above tips in mind can help you generate more revenue. If you are unsure where to start, give us a call at +971 4 360 9966 or inquire online. We can help you redesign your website, so it is relevant for years to come.
Aug 09, 2021
Jul 15, 2021
Nov 28, 2019
Nov 20, 2019