who are we?
3 Elements of a Good UX Design
Apr 25, 2019
User experience (UX) is more crucial to a web design today than ever before. Users have certain expectations when it comes to websites and when they aren’t met, users will abandon the site immediately.
The scope of website UX is completely different than what it was a decade ago. Users are less forgiving when it comes to slow load time and broken links. Which means you need to ensure your site is in top shape to please users. In order to do that, you need to concentrate on the following elements.
Simplification of the user’s journey
There is a reason why a user comes to your site whether it is to purchase or learn something. You want to make it as simple as possible for the user to achieve their goal on your site. Which means, simplify the design and overall steps it would take for the user to achieve what they have come for on your site.
For example, e-commerce stores like Amazon have a one-click option for users with accounts to make purchases. All they have to do go to the item they want to purchase and click the button and the order is processed. This makes purchasing from Amazon a lot easier and literally with just a click of a button. Which is one of many reasons why Amazon is considered to be one of the biggest online stores today.
For your business to make the journey simpler for users, you need to focus on:
- A linear web design: The design itself should guide the user on their journey. It should be in such a flow that users know the beginning, middle, and end point of the journey and the processes in it.
- Disclose information progressively: You don’t want to disclose information all at once, do it progressively. Make sure that the information the client sees on a certain page is relevant to it and nothing else.
Content and how it is provided is key
There are many websites online that are just filled with nothing but content. While you may think that relaying as much information as possible to users is a good thing, it really isn’t, especially when it comes to UX. From using visuals to accompany the content to ensuring you only put content that is valuable to users on the page. You want to focus on the following when it comes to content and UX:
- Use visuals with the content, such as infographics and images make it a lot easier for users to retain information that they see on your website. You may even consider arranging your content in such a way that creates a visual.
- Remove irrelevant content and declutter how content is displayed. Include whitespaces, which makes the content and overall design more appealing to the eyes. It also ensures your site isn’t flooded with content which can overwhelm users.
- Use video content, it allows you to get the information you want across in a more engaging way with users.
Integrating element of personalization
To save users time, you can find that many sites have now implemented designs that personalize based on the user. This can be done automatically or the website requires the user to login and set their preferences so every time after that they access the website, the site will automatically load accordingly.
Now, personalization can be subtle but very effective. For example, a site loading content based on the location of the user. The site notes the IP of the user and ensures to load it in the correct language and only display information and products that are relevant to that location. This ensures the user doesn’t face any trouble throughout their journey of the site. Whether it is understanding the information or possibly purchasing a product which would be unavailable to them at checkout.
The UX of a site plays a vital role in how users interact with your site. To ensure a low bounce rate and more user engagement, you want to ensure your website focuses on the three elements mentioned above. It indirectly helps you with better SEO results.
Edited By: Avdhoot Shitre
4 Reasons Why Your Business Should Focus on UX in Web Design to Be Successful Online
May 30, 2023
4 Reasons Why You Should Have a Responsive Web Design in 2023
May 22, 2023
Why Positive Branding is Important to a Business
Jan 25, 2022
Leverage the Best Results from a LinkedIn Ad Campaign
Jan 20, 2022