Our team of developers and web designers in our Dubai office use a host of tools to get the job done for our clients. But we were curious as to what other designers and developers use on a day-to-day basis – so we ran a quick survey and decided to put the findings out there for all web design Dubai
professionals to see and benefit from. So here goes:
- Most professionals around the world use Google Docs to fulfill their spreadsheet related requirements. Around 52% use Google docs followed by 10% who use Microsoft Word.
- When it comes to storage, Dropbox beats all the other options hands down. 76% of web design and web development use Dropbox.
- It was a closer contest when it comes to wire-framing tools, the competition was a bit more fierce. 37% use Omnigraffle, 24% use Balsamiq, 22% use Axure.
- Adobe Photoshop was far ahead of everyone else in the visual design tools department with a 46%, Adobe Illustrator was preferred by 20%.
- Evernote had a huge share of the market with 75% usage by most design and development professionals.
- In the Text Editing department, Text Mate was the winner with 33% usage followed closely by Text Edit with 23% of the market share.
- Final Cut Pro had a huge share of 50% with Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects bagging 21% and 14% of the share in the video editing department.
- And last but not Least: Email. 52% said they used Gmail, 13% used Microsoft Outlook and about 12% used Apple Mail.
There were a number of valuable insights from this survey and we would be sharing those with you in future posts. Stay Tuned!