who are we?
Recipe for Designing and Developing a Website that's Remarkable
Dec 23, 2014
Here is the ultimate formula for crafting a website that’s worth sharing, talking about and buying from So what separates a really remarkable website from a one that is not? Is it the design? The content? The optimization for a specific audience or niche? The branding? The usability? Or is it a combination of all of these? In our experience, it’s a combination of all of these and more. This blog post intends to outline the ultimate recipe for a remarkable website.
- Remarkable websites are content driven. Meaning that they decide what messages they want to put across first and think of the design later.
- Remarkable websites are able to define very clear who their target audience is and what messages they need to communicate to them.
- Remarkable websites do not use all the available media just for the heck of it. They decide on which media is most appropriate depending on their brand, their message, and their audience.
- A really well-designed website is not afraid to use white space. White space reduces cognitive overload and helps communicate the message in a clutter-free manner.
- Good Websites have few barriers (like pop-ups and input forms). A remarkable website would allow the user to access the content without too much interruption.
- Being innovative with your web design does not mean that you have to reinvent the wheel. Use standard intuitive interfaces so that you do not confuse the user. We at Cactimedia have learned that it’s all about balance ‘? it’s about finding the balance between being creative and user-friendly.
- Consistency is Key: Awesome websites are able to keep the branding, design and the tone of the content consistent across the whole website ‘? in fact, they are able to keep it consistent across their online properties and marketing communications.
- And last but not least, remarkable websites always tend to have a very clear call-to-action. Everything else on the website/webpage works to nudge the user towards taking that action.
Jun 26, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 19, 2019
Apr 25, 2019